Food and Beverage
Chemviron Carbon's grades of high purity activated carbons are used to:
- Decolourise cane and beet sugar syrups, dextrose, fructose and other food-grade products.
- Decolourise and purify organic acids and amino acids from fermentation processes.
- Remove chlorine and ozone in industries using water to make beer, soft drinks and other beverages.
- Purify the carbon dioxide for use in carbonated drinks.
- Decaffeinate tea and coffee.
- Remove unwanted natural and harmful anthropogenic compounds from edible oils.
- Remove unwanted odour or colour compounds from glycerine.
- Remove unwanted taste/odour or colour compounds from a range of alcoholic beverages such as: wine, vodka, vermouth, beer.
- Purify fruit juices by removal of unwanted colour compounds or removal of mycotoxins such as Patulin in apple juice.
- Debitter food products or aroma.
- Recover high value molecules from agricultural products.
- Food colouring (E153).