Activated Carbon in Everyday Life
Close co-operation between our application specialists, researchers and manufacturing personnel enables Chemviron Carbon to develop, produce and make use of numerous activated carbon products of different selected grades and base materials like bituminous coal and coconut. As a result each of our activated carbon products has a different surface area, pore size distribution, size and shape. The three main physical carbon types are granular, powder and extruded (pellet). All three types of activated carbon can have properties tailored to the application.
- Air Treatment – Control of potentially harmful or environmentally damaging substances to the atmosphere.
- Drinking Water Treatment – Purification of water for human consumption at treatment works or in home filters.
- Effluent Water Treatment - Control of substances which are potentially environmentally damaging or harmful to water courses.
- Food and Beverage – Essential processing stage in the production of a variety of food products.
- Industrial Processes – Purification and/or catalysis stage for a huge range of industrial applications.
- Medical – Activated Charcoal Cloth used in wound dressings, odour control filters and masks. Pulsorb® PGC carbon for ingested poison treatment.
- Personal and Collective Protection – Carbon for military and industrial respirators and building containment filters.
- Other Applications